Client: New York University
Architect: Wank Adams Slavin Associates
Square Footage: 15,000 SF
New York University’s David B. Kriser Dental Center comprises two adjoining buildings: Weissman, a former industrial building that was occupied by the school in 1957, and the Schwartz Building, built as a dental school and completed in 1981.
The project entailed creating a more open, airy, and well-lighted environment to accommodate multiple uses. Construction involved modernizing existing facilities, and the creation of new research spaces, a 191-seat pre-clinical lab/lecture hall, a 126-seat simulation lab, patient clinics, computer labs, a library, cafeteria, and a dental store.
The project required intricate phasing and construction of swing spaces to accommodate administrative and support functions during renovations.